Tuesday, June 18, 2013

I said YES!!!


Before I begin I will share a little bit of the time leading up to the perfect proposal from the perfect man of mine. Scott and I agreed that I would be with him to pick out the ring. Not that I don’t trust his taste, but when it comes to something I will be wearing for the rest of my life I decided I would be a little picky. It felt so crazy to the both of us that we were looking at rings; I couldn’t believe that what I had been dreaming about since I was little was actually happening to me! After looking around and researching I finally found one. So we had the ring picked out and ordered, but I had no idea when Scott would propose.
The magical proposal: Scott drove down to Provo to visit me just like any other weekend. I was dying to go to Texas Roadhouse so Scott and I got dressed up and went out to eat, then to the movies, and afterwards to top it off we walked to my favorite cupcake shop next to the movie theatre. I honestly had no clue this would be the night Scott would ask me to marry him; I didn’t even think he had picked up the ring from the jewelers yet. We buy our cupcakes and on our way back to the car a guy that I didn’t recognize wearing a nice suit and tie got off a park bench and walked right up to me and asked “are you Kelli Wilson?” after hesitantly responding “uh yes” he pulled out a letter from his jacket and handed it to me. I was a little nervous; I thought what in the world. Am I in trouble or something? I didn’t know what was going on so I continued to walk to the car. Scott stopped me and told me that I should sit down and read it. As I sat down and opened the letter realizing it was from Scott I soon began to catch on. I read the romantic loving words Scott had written out to me and began to tear up. As I was reading this letter Scott reached down to pull the ring box out of his sock where it had been kept from me all night ha ha. As I finished the letter I looked up to find Scott on his knee. Still shocked that we were actually going to get engaged at this moment I can’t recall everything he said to me but he asked me to marry him and I, of course, said YES. Scott had my friends taking pictures while this whole thing was happening, which just shows how much he knows me. I love pictures, and love that we have the proposal captured. That night was one of the happiest. It was so strange wearing a ring…still to this day I occasionally just stop what I’m doing just to look at the beautiful token of love Scott got on his knee to give to me. It will never get old. 



 photo sig-3.png

No comments:

Post a Comment


Pin It