Monday, July 29, 2013

Wedding bliss


Hers:

May 11th, 2013 was the best day of my life. Not only because I was marrying the man of my dreams, but because we would finally never have to do long distance again. As a little girl I would always try to imagine what my future husband would be like and Scott exceeds all of my expectations. How can I put into words such a beautiful day and a dream come true? Leading up to our special day, a ton of planning, tears, and stress went into coming up with the perfect reception. However, on our wedding day I realized that all of that stress and worrying was pointless because the only thing that mattered was the man who was right next to me and the promises we made to each other that day. The morning of the wedding and even the week leading up to the wedding I thought I would become more nervous and a total mess...but I wasn’t. I was completely at peace and calm the morning of the wedding day. I knew without a shadow of a doubt Scott was the man I was supposed to marry and I COULD NOT wait. The ceremony was absolutely p e r f e c t. The movies didn’t even come close to it. It was truly special, the temple more pure than I ever imagined…and will remain sacred and beautiful to me for eternities. The room was filled with our closest family and friends. I will never forget how I felt that day and the way Scott looked at me at the moment we were becoming husband and wife. It is so exciting to know that I am going to be with Scott forever.


It was a full and busy day and almost seems like a blur. It turned out exactly how I imagined it would, there were several moments that I wish I could have froze in time to enjoy it even longer. It was a magical night, and a perfect day. The colors of the wedding were shades of coral, blush pink, light grey, and ivory. Our reception was held in a family friend’s barn. There was a lot of work that went into fixing up the barn for the reception. Since I was at school during most of the time my parents really did a lot of the work to clean up and turn the barn into what I envisioned. I don’t think it would have turned out the way it did if it wasn’t for my parents who spent a lot of their weekends working at the barn. The theme was rustic, romantic, and whimsical. 




One of my favorite parts of the reception was the cotton candy machine; I have always had a sweet tooth. The food that was served mostly consisted of desserts. Leading up to the reception I became an expert at chocolate dipping. We made cake pops, chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate dipped wafers, chocolate dipped Oreos, and chocolate dipped strawberries. From what I heard everybody enjoyed everything! The reception closed with a sparkler send off which Scott and I walked through all our friends and family to get to our amazingly decorated car. I couldn’t have imagined a better day or a more perfect man to marry. We are so blessed to have had so many friends and family travel all the way to little ole Prosser to support and celebrate with us.





 His:

Growing up I don’t think that boys envision their wedding quite the same that girls do however I must admit that I had several of the same feelings that Kelli expressed in her description of the day. I was so thrilled to know that I was finally going to be able to be sealed to the girl of my dreams. The night before was a difficult one to get any sleep on, yet I still awoke energized to see my soon-to-be bride. I went over that morning to have a little unveiling of the dress before we headed to the temple. The anticipation was high; would I like the dress at all? How would I react? Sunny (our photographer) was going to be there taking pictures of my “first look” and I hadn’t the slightest idea of how I was supposed to react for these pictures. Thankfully my weariness of not knowing how to react upon the ‘unveiling’ was immediately abated and replaced with amazement by her absolute beauty. The temple sealing session was beyond any kind of expectation of what perfect could be, the spirit was so strong in the room. Looking across the altar from my wife she was glowing and perfectly pure, inside and out. From there on out after the sealing pretty much everything was a blur. I remember greeting several people and being really hungry. I could not have asked for any more out in regards to a beautiful bride and a sweet sealing and a ravishing reception. 







Sealed for time and all eternity in the Columbia River Temple on May 11, 2013




 photo sig-3.png

No comments:

Post a Comment


Pin It