Scott planned the whole Honeymoon and decided he wanted it
to be a surprise until we got to the airport. He gave me a list of 10 possible
choices with the honeymoon spot being one of them, and each month he would
eliminate one off the list. This left only two options the day of our wedding.
He told me that we will be next to a beach, it would be hot, and I needed a
passport. Three things that I wanted to hear :). I have never been out
of the country so I was very excited to experience this first with Scott. Due
to filling out flight information and passport forms Scott ended up having to
tell me where we were going the night before we left. I was very excited! I am
still pretty proud of him for keeping a secret for as long as he did.
It was a very early morning flight so we were up bright and
early. We got to the airport in PLENTY of time; if there is one thing I have
learned about the Lindquist family it is that they like to be early. I didn’t
mind though, we were newlyweds about to get on a plane to a tropical paradise!
It was a long day of traveling with a lot of anticipation built up. When we
finally landed we were greeted by the owners of the condo we were staying at,
they were kind enough to pick us up at the airport and drive us to the condo
themselves to show us around.
It wasn’t long before we headed to the beach. Unfortunately,
Scott insisted on only bringing carry-ons, (heaven forbid we pay for a checked
bag) which concluded to us not packing any sunscreen. The first day in Cabo we
decided to risk it and went without any sun protection thinking that we
wouldn’t burn. To our dismay that night our skin seemed to be on fire. We were
as red as can be, even Scott, who had mentioned to me that he doesn’t burn. We
learned our lesson there and decided that first thing in the morning, before we
head to the beach, we would buy some sunscreen. $20.00! We paid $20.00 for
sunscreen. Using Spanish, Scott tried to talk the lady down on her price.
Although Scott’s Spanish did come in handy most of the trip and actually did
work a lot of the time, it did not work in this case. Lesson learned. A little
late, but lesson learned. Maybe Scott will let me check a bag next time ;).
Aside from the bad burns and blistered feet from the
unbelievably hot sand we absolutely loved laying on the beach and swimming in
the ocean. Along the beach there are vendors dressed in all white who walk back
and forth all day trying to sell you something…anything you look at really. It
is pretty amusing and annoying at the same time. How they can be in long
sleeves, pants, with the hot sun, on the beach all day is beyond me. Scott did
end up talking a guy way down on his price for a beautiful bracelet that I had
my eye on.
The usual routine we had was wake up, breakfast, pack a
little lunch, beach, dinner at our favorite restaurant Pepe’s tacos (seriously
the best), and then walk around shops until it got dark. We had a lot of fun
exploring and being in a new place. We did A LOT of walking; Scott gave in once
and let us get a bicycle taxi ride :).
The day before we left we went on a snorkeling trip. Food
and drinks were all inclusive (Scott was very excited about this part). The boat took us out to large reef where we
stopped and snorkeled for about an hour. It was so much fun being surrounded by
several fish. It was great being able to hold hands with my husband and
snorkel together.
We hope to make it back someday, back to our honeymoon spot,
and back to those fabulous Pepe’s tacos (Scott thinks I’m obsessed). The best
part about the trip was being able to experience all of these things with
Scott. Still to this day we can’t believe we are actually married! We have so
much fun and are so happy to be able to spend each day together. Forever
newlyweds.













Darling blog! As you can tell, I've been stalking. I will agree that married life is the best kind of life!
ReplyDeleteXOXO
Ash
Thank you Ashley! You're blog is darling as well! I love reading it, I think newlywed blogs are the best.
Delete