Our summer has been far from organized and planned. The only
thing we knew for sure when going into this wonderful season was that we were
getting married! We THOUGHT we were going to be in California
for an internship Scott got but then he decided to go a different route, so
that left us here in Vancouver. As newlyweds, we were in desperate need for money. It was time to start saving up for the school year. So we decided to work for Scott’s uncle doing
fair work down in California for about a month. I never thought that a week after being
married I would be living in a hotel working at fairs. I didn’t know what I was
getting myself into. It was quite the experience to say the least. I think my lingering state of bliss from the wedding and honeymoon allowed me to
endure those long weeks. It was quick money, and we needed it. It wasn’t all bad, we made a lot of memories that we will be able to tell our kids someday.
(ZOOM ball. We worked on this booth most of the time as well as Walk on water)
(Can't complain about this view)
(We loved being able to work together)
(Walk on water booth)
(In between fairs we had a few days off and went to the San Diego beach. It was a lot of fun and a much needed break)
After we were done
working fairs Scott started working for a family friend right away in Dupont,
which meant…more hotels. Thankfully Scott was able to get a week off in July for the first annual Wilson family reunion at Bear Lake. Scott and I drove to Prosser to meet up with my parents to drive to the family reunion with them. We drove to Boise the first day where we met up with Kim and her kids and Julie and Kellen. We had a fun day floating the Boise river on rafts and enjoyed a delicious meal at Cafe Rio afterwards (I'm already having withdrawals from not having Cafe Rio for so long). The next day the whole family met at the cabin that my parents rented for the week. It was so nice to be with the whole family again since the wedding. The wedding week was so hectic and busy that there wasn't any time for games and hanging out. I had been looking forward to this reunion for a long time, especially since I was married now! I wasn't going to be the odd man out without a significant other. I was anxious for Scott to experience a Wilson reunion. It was a fun filled week. We rented jet skis, went to the beach, played sports in the park, had minute to win it competitions, had a talent show where everyone had to participate, went to the Minnetonka cave, and played many late night games once all the kids were in bed.
(floating the Boise river. This is where my phone got wet and I had to go without my phone for the whole reunion. Scott was happy I didn't have my phone attached to me all week but wasn't too happy to find out we were going to have to pay for a replacement :/ oops. Merry Christmas to me. I'm never taking my phone near water again, zip lock bag or not)
(This was the most perfect day at the beach)
(The gang)
(Love being with all my sisters, I wish we could all live down the street from each other)
(At the Minnetonka cave. Julie made us all matching shirts)
Now that Scott is the only one working I have all the
time in the world to catch up on my blogging ;). I'm so grateful that Scott is such a hard worker, I have no doubt that he will be the best provider for our family. In all honesty I miss working with him and being able to be with him all day long. My favorite part of the day is when he comes home :). We still fit in some fun with his work schedule.
(My mother-in-law taught me how to cut Scott's hair for the first time. I actually find it very fun!)

(Our favorite ice cream shop, Salt & Straw. I'm going to miss this place when we move to Rexburg)
(Fourth of July fun)
(I was a little leery about rock climbing, but it was actually really fun and a good workout)
(We walked to a gas station and had a mini ice cream date. It's the little things! Ignore Scott's expression, he IS having fun)
(Sunday is Scott's day off, therefore, my favorite day of the week. I love him being home with me)
Scott has only 5 days left of work and then it's time to pack up and head to Prosser where we are going to be celebrating Scott's Birthday, driving to Quincy for a little Lindquist family reunion, and enjoying the little bit of the summer we have left until it's time to head to Rexburg for school. It has been a huge blessing to have this summer to earn money before we move out on our own. Scott is ready to be done with work and is pretty excited to start up school again. As for me, I am absolutely thrilled to move into our first apartment together! It's been hotels, motels, and our parent's houses this whole summer. It is a new chapter that we are both very excited to start!
















Yes.... what an adventure for sure. I don't know how you haven't gone crazy with odd work hours, living out of hotels and parents' houses. Moving into your first apartment will be AWESOME. Seriously! I can't wait to see pictures of your first place. And speaking of first places, seeing your pictures of you guys floating the Boise river brings back memories of when we lived there for the summer after getting married. We floated the river EVERY weekend, not joking. And I believe Tyler also got his cell well too, but luckily his was revived in rice. Can't wait to read about your next "chapter"... which no doubt will involve baby planning, right scotty? ;)
ReplyDeleteHi Kelli! My name is Heather and I was hoping you would be willing to answer a quick question I have about your blog :-) If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail.com I would greatly appreciate it!
ReplyDelete