We were so excited to spend our first Valentines Day together, and married, what could be better? I wanted to make it a very special day, so to start the day off right I made chocolate chip heart pancakes for my Valentine. I thought making the pancakes heart-shaped would be much easier than it was (the picture is from my second go around)! Unfortunately Scott had school all day, so while he studied and attended his classes I made some delicious cheesecake to enjoy after our dinner out and got all dolled up.
We decided we weren't going to get each other any gifts but rather just go out on a nice date, to my favorite chinese restaurant in the whole wide world I might add. It all worked out perfectly too, because before Scott got home, he called me with the best news and BEST Valentines Day present we both could have received...he got accepted to Pacific University of Optometry! Tears of joy filled my eyes when he told me the great news. We are both so relieved and feel SO blessed to be able to have gotten into our number one choice. We are so excited to be able to be close to family while he attends his next four years of schooling.
I couldn't be more proud of my husband and all of his hard work he has gone through to get where he is today. I'm so lucky to be able to have him as my eternal Valentine!




No comments:
Post a Comment