Monday, July 7, 2014

Happy Birthday America!

This fourth of July was spent in Vancouver with Scott's parents. It was a fun weekend filled with many block parties, delicious food, friends, family, games, and fireworks. What more could you ask for?
I loved that the fourth of July fell on a Friday because it made the weekend feel so much longer.

Scott and I have recently become obsessed with the card game called 'Bohnanza.' Side-note, we ordered it off Amazon on a week day and received it in the mail the next morning! Gotta love Amazon Prime, and my sister for letting us use her account ;). We probably played it about 10 times this past weekend, I highly recommend it!

Here in Vancouver the firework shows are not only on the 4th but the day before as well. They are pretty crazy...great, but crazy. When I say crazy I'm saying that you are literally about 20 yards from where they light them off and there is a continuous explosion of fireworks from start to finish. By the end of the show you can hardly see from all the smoke. There is also a chance that one of the fireworks will fall over and fly into the crowd, which has happened and did happen this year. I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous to watch the firework shows. I didn't want the fireworks to be too loud for the baby! Scott convinced me that the baby would be fine, and that he is swimming in amniotic fluid so the noise would be very faint.
I still covered my stomach with lots of blankets, just to be safe ;).


Last year Scott and I came up with (what we thought) a funny patriotic photo, so this year we thought we should top it and incorporate our little baby.

This was all Scott's idea, he thought it would be the funniest thing to wrap a flag around my baby bump. To my surprise, I actually really love this photo!

Oh you know, just draping the flag casually on the shoulder, compliments of Velenti

The baby loves to be kissed by his daddy

Can you guess who thought of this photo? Haha "guns, motorcycles, and sexy women"

Happy Birthday America, we love celebrating you!


 photo sig-5.png

No comments:

Post a Comment


Pin It