Last year Scott and I took some homemade raspberry jam with us to school that my mom made. We loved being able to just pull a jar out of the freezer every time we ran out of jam, plus homemade jam is delicious. So we decided we wanted to make some of our own strawberry jam for this upcoming school year.
My mom has always made homemade jam and I have always loved it, and I am so happy to be continuing the tradition.
We used MCP pectin and followed the 'easy freezer jam' directions that came with it.
Neither Scott or I had a clue how many strawberries we needed let alone how many batches to do or how many jars are made with each batch. This is probably why we ended up with A LOT of extra strawberries :). So not only did we make strawberry jam but strawberry pie too.
We were lucky to have my mother-in-law's food processor to chop the strawberries, otherwise it would have taken FOREVER!
Lots and lots of strawberries, the kitchen smelled divine.
My little homemaker :)
We ended up with a dozen jars of strawberry jam. I will say that we could not believe how much sugar we had to use for three batches, but the jam sure tastes great ;). We are pretty proud of ourselves! I look forward to making homemade jam again with my hubby when we run out in a couple years or so haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment