Saturday, March 26, 2016

Lolli's birth story

This pregnancy seemed to fly by, I think mainly because I was and still am in disbelief that I have two kids. Maybe by the time Lolli is a year old I will have juggling two kids mastered ;). I was super blessed to have had such an easy pregnancy, I was able to keep up with Cash and continue with our normal routine. It's been a pretty crazy last few weeks. Normally women are ready to get their baby out by week 38, but I was happy and hoping our baby girl would stay in as long as possible. At the beginning of February we got a call that there was an opening for a 3 bedroom apartment that our name was on a list for. Being so close to my due date we were a little hesitant, but that third bedroom was a necessity to me. After all the paperwork we moved in March 5th, 4 days before my due date. I'm still shocked that the move didn't put me into labor! I'm super thankful that she waited to come until we were completely moved and settled. 
Being in optometry school we hoped she would come on a weekend for the sake of Scott's tests and classes. Cash came right on his due date so I was a little surprised when March 9th came and went and still no baby. On the 10th I had an appointment where I had my membranes stripped. With Cash labor came quickly after my membranes were stripped so I was hopeful the past would relive itself. Sure enough I started having contractions around 5:00 pm. We both wanted to wait as long as possible to head to the hospital, for our sake and Cash's. My contractions were about 15-20 min apart throughout the evening, varying each time. By 3 AM any thought of sleep had left my mind completely and the contractions were coming about 5-10 min apart and growing stronger. The first time around Scott and I were at the hospital for several hours before I began pushing so we thought we would wait it out at home as long as possible. We were debating whether or not to wait for Cash to wake up to say goodbye, but by 6:00 am I couldn't wait anymore. My mom stayed at the house with Cash while we headed to the hospital. I swear we were hitting every red light, the contractions were coming every 2 min and were unbearable. I may have gotten pretty mad and snappy with Scott going over bumps in the parking lot. Props to women who give birth without an epidural, I couldn't even imagine doing it all without it. I felt like the contractions were way more painful this time around. When we arrived to the birth center, bags in tow, the night nurse who was checking us in led us back to the rooms and then stopped outside of a room and said, "I'm trying to decide which room to put you in, how sure are you that you are in labor?". Even though I felt like the baby was going to come out of me any minute I cooly replied with a " yeah, I'm pretty sure". After promptly entering the room I was admitted and checked, I was dialated to a 6. My contractions felt like they were constant without any breaks between them. They were so painful I couldn't talk and lost my breath a couple times which lead to throwing up. Thankfully everyone was quick about getting me the epidural and it was set within 45 min of getting to the hospital. Shortly after getting the epidural my doctor came in to check me and I was fully dialated. She proceeded to break my water which I would have thought I would have felt a gush or something, but nothing. She said I could go ahead and try pushing, the epidural was a little too strong that me "pushing" wasn't doing anything. I was totally numb. My doctor had me labor down for another hour until we tried pushing again. At about 9:00 am I started pushing, our sweet girl's heartbeat wasn't coming back up in between contractions like it should have been, this was due to her head being turned up in the birth canal. My doctor wanted to get her out as soon as possible by using the vacuum. After two more times of pushing with the help of the vacuum our beautiful Lolli girl made her debut. 
Lolli Nicole Lindquist - March 11th, 2016 - 20 inches - 8 lbs 5 oz 
If only I could hold onto the moment of being handed a newborn baby straight from heaven into my arms forever. There is no other feeling in the world, a piece of both my husband and I in a tiny little human that we brought to this world. It's an instant love and bond. The first thing I noticed about Lolli was all of her dark brown hair! Total opposite of Cash who was basically bald. My prediction was right, I figured she'd have a head full of hair on her because of my heartburn during pregnancy. 
At only two weeks old she has brought so much joy to our family! Cash loves his little sister! He helps burp her (or maybe this is an excuse to hit her ;)), get her new diapers, share his blanket, give her binkys, and lick her head...yes lick. Lolli has been a total blessing, she is a very easy going baby. Heavenly Father knew we needed an easy baby with Cash running wild with all his energy. My recovery after birth has been a lot smoother and quicker as well. Only a couple days after birth all the after pains were basically gone. 
Now to get a tight tummy back...but for now I will be busy snuggling both my babies. I can't wait for the sibling bond to continue to grow with these two.




































 photo sig-5.png

No comments:

Post a Comment


Pin It