Before being married, Scott and I did long distance for our entire relationship, most of it spent on the phone. It was everything but easy. One of the main reasons we were so extremely excited to be married was that it meant no more goodbyes. It was so hard only being able to spend two to three days at a time with each other, knowing that each trip was going to end with a goodbye. While engaged Scott and I always talked about how when we are married we never want to take for granted the little enjoyments that come with marriage. There is an infinite list of reasons why I love being married and one of the top ones is that Scott is the last thing I see when I fall asleep and the first thing I see when I wake up. I love having him by my side and knowing he is there when I am sleeping. Last night I woke up in the middle of the night to a bad stomach ache. Scott was so sweet and just held me the rest of the night, this made me feel so much better. I love being able to give him a kiss goodnight, rather than a "I love you" on the phone. It's like having a sleepover every night with my best friend (but better). I appreciate my sweet husband more than words can describe and am so happy and excited about the small little fact that I get to go to bed with my love every single night.

ok..MAN I miss the newlywed stage. eleven years, five babies, and sleep deprivation really killed the adorableness of marriage for us. ;) soak it up!!!
ReplyDeleteThe comment above kills me! ha ha. So true, but as fellow long-distance pre-engagement relationship, though definitely not as intense as you guys' I TOTALLY get this post. So happy you guys finally get your together time!
ReplyDelete(This is Velenti). Call me sappy, but I actually got tears in my eyes when I read this post. Tears that I had raised a boy/man who is sweet & sensitive to you. And tears that he has married someone who LOVES him so much. (When you're a mom you don't think anyone can love your kids as much as you do. Just wait, you'll know what I mean!) Thank you for loving my son! <3
ReplyDelete