Saturday, October 26, 2013

One year ago today


Today marks the one year anniversary that I was asked a once in a lifetime question and given a sparkly ring by the love of my life. I am so happy I said yes! Scott pulled off the perfect surprise proposal that incorporated how we fell in love through letters. It wasn't anything extravagant, but simple and beautiful, just like our love story. Since then, I have gotten used to the feeling of a ring on my finger, but I have not and probably will never get used to the beautiful sparkle my ring gives off every time I look down at my hand (which admittedly is a lot). I have to giggle whenever I think about Scott and I looking at wedding rings. First off, we were only dating for a month before we started looking...but to us our relationship had grown so much from writing each other that we just knew and didn't want to wait, plus I was a little anxious to get a ring ;). Second, before we walked into any jewelry store Scott set a budget which eventually went out the window. However, we were both very happy with the outcome. I can't even put into words how excited we were the night he got down on one knee. Everything was perfect...my ring, his proposal, just that whole night! It was so exciting and surreal. It was the best day, and they just keep getting better. Sometimes I think it would be fun to go back to relive the moments like the first kiss, picking out a ring, the proposal, engagement pictures, dress shopping, wedding planning because those are such great moments. But then I realize how great the moments and the memories are that we are creating now, we love each other so much more with each passing day. It seems so long ago that we were just starting to plan our wedding, now we've had our dream wedding...and these days instead of planning a wedding we plan our life. It may seem strange that we remember and celebrate the exact date we got engaged, but when you look back at the little things you'll see that they were actually the big things. I love being married to you Scott, thanks for picking me!


 photo sig-3.png

2 comments:

  1. How cool that you have a little video of the actual event happening. I wish I had that, to remember more clearly everything that happened the night Tyler proposed. I laughed watching the video cuz I could see Scotty's tell when he was working up the nerve to ask. He does this stretch with his jaw-- which sounds funny, and you could see him glance towards the camera. ha ha Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes I noticed that too, he was sooo nervous :).

      Delete


Pin It