Monday, May 12, 2014

Motherhood


This was my first-ish Mother's Day as a mother, my heart was so full all day long, I will forever be so very grateful for this little baby who has made me a mama. I already love him with all that I am.
Motherhood has always been a role that I have desired the most and I feel so blessed to be fulfilling that role in a few short months.
I am so grateful for my mother and all the mother figures in my life who have been great examples of the kind of mom I want to be.
Motherhood has always held a special place in my heart, ever since I can remember, a mother is all I have ever wanted to be.
Here are some of my favorite quotes about mothers:

"The love of a true mother comes nearer to being like the love of God than any other kind of love."
 -Joseph F Smith

"Motherhood is near to divinity: It is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind. It places her who honors its holy calling and service next to the angels."
-The First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother."
-Lin Yutang

"We frequently speak of the strength of the priesthood, and properly so. But we must never lose sight of the strength of the women. It is mothers who set the tone of the home. It is mothers who most directly affect the lives of their children. It is mothers who teach infants to pray, who read to them choice and beautiful literature from the scriptures and other sources. It is mothers who nurture them and bring them up in ways of the Lord. Their influence is paramount."
-Gordon B Hinckley

"A mother is a person seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie."
-Tenneva Jordan

"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out... Do not trade your birthright as a mother for some bauble of passing value... The baby you hold in your arms will grow quickly as the sunrise and the sunset of the rushing days."
-Gordon B Hinckley

"Remarkable qualities find their truest and most satisfying expression through motherhood."
-Gordon B Hinckley

"There is no role in life more essential and more eternal than that of motherhood."
- Elder M Russell Ballard

"God trusts women so much that he lets them bear and care for his spirit children."
-Elder Neal A Maxwell

"Mothers are endowed with a love that is unlike any other love on the face of the earth."
-Marjorie Hinckley




 photo sig-5.png

No comments:

Post a Comment


Pin It