As preparation for moving into our first apartment this fall I have been busy with several projects to make our first home cozy and cute. Luckily there were a lot of cute decorations from our wedding I was able to repaint and figure out where/how to make it work in our apartment. I also went to several antique shops in Prosser with my mom to find some great additions and deals! Growing up, I remember always dragging my feet when my mom would take me along with her to antique stores or yard sales. I seriously dreaded it, and always would beg to leave as soon as we would get there; but now I've grown to love it. I absolutely love finding something old, vintage, rustic, or unique and turning into my very own version. It's safe to say I'm so so so excited to set up our apartment with all of our new goodies. Unfortunately, I didn't take before and afters for all of my DIY projects but here are a few:
(Here are some small frames that were cream and displayed at our wedding. I decided they would be adorable to put on our bathroom vanity with both Scott and my initials stenciled onto some fabric)
(This one is one of my favs. This trunk used to be my grandmas and was originally just wood. I painted it white and had my husband help me tape this chevron pattern on the top. This will be used as our coffee table :))
(I find myself always setting my ring down on my nightstand so I wanted to make a cute holder for it. I found this adorable frame at Tj maxx. I got it for a steal because it was cracked...so I glued it back together, made a beautiful backdrop out of some lace that was used at our wedding, and stuck a pin through to hold my ring)
(I fell in love with this lamp and barrel as soon as I saw them)
(I love a good DIY project and couldn't resist not making this ring holder I saw on Pinterest)
(This is a large cork board covered in padding and fabric. I plan to use t-pins to hang/display my jewelry on)
(This is probably the easiest project I've done. I found this fabric at Joann's and simply stapled it onto a canvas! Easy art)
(I'm all about the love notes. This baby will be in our room ready to write on everyday with cute notes to each other)
(I absolutely love writing to do lists and the feeling that comes with checking things off. Another left over frame from the wedding that I just had to paint)
(I'm so excited about this soap dispenser. The fist time I saw a mason jar soap dispenser I knew I wanted to make one for our apartment. A fairly easy project)
(I love little touches of black and white. I thought this little canvas would be perfect for just that)
(I'm crazy about these dipped chairs. A perfect touch of color)
(This was a very rustic old table but with a lot of sanding from my hubby it's turned out really nice, clean, and a perfect tv stand)
There are plenty more where these came from. I've loved doing all of these projects, it's really something I have a passion for. I can't wait for our move to Rexburg and to see the final product of everything put together!














you sure are crafty! your first apt is definitely going to be adorable!
ReplyDelete