Tuesday, September 10, 2013

& the next chapter begins...


We are finally moved into our new apartment! Living in Rexburg Idaho on our own couldn't be more surreal. We've been with family all summer so it's nice having our own place and only being able to rely on each other. It's almost like we are NOW married. This past weekend has been a long one. Scott and I are so grateful my parents ended up helping us move to Rexburg, it would have been a nightmare and 2x as much work without them. Prosser to Rexburg is about a 10.5 hour drive, so we decided to break it up into two days. We made it to Boise on Thursday and arrived in Rexburg on Friday. 

(Although Scott might still disagree with our decision to rent a uhaul, I am so glad we did. On our drive, there was a HUGE rainstorm that would have soaked all our belongings had they been in the back of my dad's truck) 

We were extremely excited and anxious to see our apartment. We weren't really sure how big it was going to be or the condition it was in, pictures can be deceiving. I was just hoping we could fit all of our belongings into the apartment! 
As we parked and started walking towards the apartment building we were ecstatic to see that the building was brand new. 

(It was only fitting for Scott to carry me across our first threshold) 

As we walked into the apartment we quickly realized that the apartment wasn't as big as we were expecting. But the smell of "newness" and knowledge we had that we were the first to live here outweighed the lack of storage space. The apartment quickly filled up with all of our belongings. Once they were all carried in we opened up all of our new kitchen supplies we got as wedding presents from their packaging...*finally*. Using all of our presents for the first time has been the best! 

Here are some pictures of our sweet little apartment:

(I love the light & bright colors. We weren't thrilled with the couch we got, but it will do :))

(I'm in love with this kitchen. We registered/bought all of our appliances white, because I love white! Having white cupboards, oven, fridge, and dishwasher was the cherry on top) 




(I had to laugh when Scott called this my "shrine")

(I love our bedding! I know it may look a tad bit girly but Scott actually was with me when we picked it out...and he likes it. So it all worked out, the girl is the decorator right? I'm lucky my husband isn't very particular)

(A small storage closet was perfect for our desk. I'm sure to find Scott here most of the year)

(I'm in love with our bathroom)

(Our little wedding picture frame collage)



(I'm proud of our little night stands we redid together. We are very excited to use our chalkboard sign, "I love you because...you cut my hair")


It took a while to put everything in its place but once it was all set up with every box unpacked, I couldn't have imagined it any better. Everything actually fit perfectly. Cozy and perfect. We love it. We are so excited to start this chapter of our lives. Forever newlyweds. 







 photo sig-3.png

3 comments:

  1. Looks great. I bet that was super fun opening and being able to actually use all in your first place! Hooray! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cute is this little apartment!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scott is so proud of the home you have made for the two of you. And so am I. :)

    ReplyDelete


Pin It