Friday, November 1, 2013

Reminiscing October


Making: a homemade Halloween banner...poor newlywed problems
Cooking: homemade chicken noodle soup
Drinking: hot chocolate with marshmallows yummm
Reading: Living a Covenant Marriage together (still). Not doing so well at reading this book
Wanting: this semester to be over already
Baking: banana bread, for the first time! We loved it
Looking: forward to Thanksgiving
Playing: music and having our own little random dance parties
Saving: electricity. Scott's turned into the electricity police ever since we got our bill
Wishing: we could go trick-or-treating. I told Scott if we start having kids already we would have an excuse to go ;)
Enjoying: the changing leaves and the chilly air
Waiting:  for my interview tomorrow. Crossing our fingers that I finally get a job
Using: lots of maple syrup. I've been making french toast, pancakes, and waffles regularly
Liking: the blankets of leaves formed on the ground
Wondering: how much snow we will get this winter. It already snowed twice this month
Loving: our costumes we wore for the kids carnival at the college
Hoping: to finalize Scott's personal statement soon
Marveling: at the colorful and vibrant leaves
Needing: to get our belts fixed on our car. Every time we turn it on the belts squeal SO loud. Embarrassing
Smelling: fresh cinnamon rolls out of the oven
Wearing: layers on layers. Love this season
Following: the new dress rules at the BYU-I gym (they are ridiculous) 
Noticing: how Scott always matches his Sunday tie with my outfit
Knowing: next month we will have been married for half a year
Thinking: about the OAT
Taking: fun trips to Utah
Organizing: an intramural volleyball team for winter
Buying: a new game with our Target gift card. I am sooo excited for it to come in the mail
Spending: money on mailing transcripts to optometry schools
Learning: that I'm not always right
Admiring: Scott's sweet notes he writes to me
Celebrating: Halloween
Feeling: hopeful about a job
Expecting: my new skirt in the mail for Karter and Melanie's wedding
Watching: the Jimmy Kimmel - I told my kids I ate all their Halloween candy. Never gets old
Giggling: at Scott every time I scare him
Settling: on dying my hair dark again
Brainstorming: baby names just for fun, of course



 photo Untitled-12.png

3 comments:

  1. These are such cute post. I love that Scott is the power police. ha ha Like father like son. In college our power was included in the rent so we had the thermostat CRANKED in the winter. Now we only turn ours on at night and mostly in the kids rooms. Sometimes being a grown up sucks, at least when you've got bills to pay. Where's your job interview for? We'll be praying it works out too! Trick or treating is the best. We have two HUGE bowls of candy, which of course one bowl is strictly mine and contains all the chocolate. ;) I loved you guys' costumes. They were clever and cute. Oh and BYUI gym dress code rules are LAME. I hated those shorts. But it is what it is.... not much longer and you guys will be outta there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kati :). Since we moved here we haven't used the ac or heat. So far it has been fine, the people below us either cook a ton or crank their heat because our apartment is usually warm which is nice! My job interview was this morning in Rigby, it's for a nanny job for two kids under 2.5. I think it went pretty well, I'm hoping by Sunday I'll know if I got it. Being a nanny is originally what I wanted to do when we moved here, so I am pretty excited about the job. I like your thinking about having your own bowl full of chocolates, I think I might have to do the same thing when I have kids :). Yesss, only about 6 more months here!

      Delete


Pin It