Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Halloween

Last Halloween Scott and I were in two different states. So that made this Halloween EXTRA special, our first Halloween together. I was so excited to dress up in our costumes I bought for us last year that we never got the chance to wear. I was really bummed that our ward Halloween party was on the Friday I was in Utah, which is the only time I thought we would get the opportunity to dress up. Luckily, we were able to dress up for the Halloween kids carnival that we helped out at for Scott's club he is apart of. I loved handing out candy to little kids and seeing all of their creative costumes. It makes me excited to plan and possibly coordinate costumes with our kids one day. I think the best one we saw were these two little boys dressed up as curious george and the man in the yellow hat. Writing this one down to remember. I never was able to hand out candy growing up because we lived in the country so we wouldn't get any trick-or-treaters. I remember always wishing we lived in town so that I could hand out candy to little kids. I don't know why, I guess it sounded like fun. 
Since we couldn't actually go trick-or-treating, which I would have loved to do (oh the joys of growing up) I wanted to make something special that we could snack on while we watched scary movies. I decided on homemade cinnamon rolls. I probably would have chosen something else had I known how difficult they actually were to make, or should I say how difficult they would be for me to make. I apparently didn't roll the dough out well enough, Some were tiny rolls while others were huge. I also had a hard time telling whether they were done or not, so they turned out a little gooey on the inside. Other than that, Scott seemed to be happy with them and that's all I care about. I kept debating on whether or not to do a spooky dinner with creepy but delicious looking food and settled on spaghetti, it looks like bloody insides or brains right? Oh well. Maybe when we have kids I will actually do a spooky dinner. We spent most of the night working on Scott's Calculus test. He is required to take Calculus for Optometry school and in order to just skip the entry level classes the professor said he can take his class if he scores an 85 or higher on the online test. We took about an hour on just 1 question! Luckily, he has 3 days to finish it. After we spent about 3 hours racking our brains we watched The Tall Man on Netflix. It was really good, we were both pretty blown away by this movie and all the twists and emotions it had us feeling. I'm pretty set on buying it someday.
It was a nice Halloween night spent at home with each others company. Besides little kids coming to our door and kicking it continuously wanting candy that we didn't have, it was a nice night. I wouldn't say Scott and I are homebodies but if we were to stay home every night just hanging out with each other, I would be happy. I love our time together and wouldn't trade it for anything. I don't know how we ever went almost a year in two separate states. I'm just glad that's over. Happy Halloween!


(Scott insisted on two pictures, he wanted to hold the REAL human brains...my silly husband)



 photo Untitled-12.png


No comments:

Post a Comment


Pin It